Below is a reminder that was shared by the City of West Lafayette and applies to any snowfall with accumulation:
With the snowfall today please avoid parking in the streets.
The Street Department closely monitors conditions and pre-treats roads when there is a possibility of snow or ice. Pre-treat loses effectiveness when rain precedes snow events. Plowing and salt operations begin once snow or ice accumulate on the streets.
Please help us by following these guidelines:
- Keep streets clear of cars, basketball goals, etc. for full plowing access.
- While driving, yield to snowplows – they are considered emergency vehicles.
- Please be patient with our crew members – plowing order: main highways and streets, neighborhoods, and cul-de-sacs.
- Shovel your sidewalk and driveway into your yard – not the streets. This will minimize the amount of snow in your driveway.
- Clear snow away from mailboxes for mail delivery.
Designated Snow Routes Include:
- Airport Road
- Cherry Lane
- First, Second, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Streets (between Russell and University Streets)
- Grant Street
- Harrison Street/Williams Street (from Martin Jischke Drive to Grant Street)
- MacArther Drive (between State Street and Nimitz Drive)
- Russell Street (between Stadium Avenue and Harrison Street)
- Stadium Avenue west of Grant Street
- State Street
- Waldron Street
- Review our full snow plowing policies, sidewalk clearing requirements, and city priorities during a winter storm event here: West Lafayette Snow Plowing
- Emergency snow routes are linked here: West Lafayette Emergency Snow Route Map
- Sign up for West Lafayette Police Department Nixle Alerts for updates on local road conditions: Nixle Alerts