UPDATE 2023-10-02: From the City
Paula R. Woods Park & Lincoln Park Updates
Dear West Lafayette Residents,
Today, we are starting some construction work at Paula R. Woods Park, located at 309 Lawn Avenue. The park is getting a brand new poured-in-place surface in October, which is why we’ll need to keep it closed until the end of the month.
Likewise, Lincoln Park, situated at 255 Lincoln Street, is currently closed to the public as we’re installing a new playground and poured-in-place surface.
We just want to remind you that both Paula R. Woods Park and Lincoln Park are active construction sites. For everyone’s safety, we kindly ask that you refrain from using the parks until the removal of the snow fence.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience as we work to improve our local pocket parks for everyone to enjoy!
Your West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Department
UPDATE 2023-09-27: We spoke to John Muller, West Lafayette Parks Director, and he shared some updated information about the park updates:
- There was a snag with the installation team at another job, causing delays for Lincoln Park.
- The Team should come in early next week and begin the assembly.
- Another Team will be installing the PIP (Poured in Place) rubber surface for Lincoln Park sometime after the install.
- Paula R. Woods Park will also be shut down, starting next week, to prep the area for a PIP install as well.
- All work should conclude by the third week in October.
The City of West Lafayette is updating Lincoln Park in our neighborhood.
The proposal was approved at the September 2022 Redevelopment Commission meeting without any input from the neighborhood or residents.
The future park will include the following equipment:
Playground, circle swings, and a merry-go-round.
The new equipment, weather pending, should be installed by the first week in October.
Until the equipment has been replaced, the entire park is closed.