Neighbors have organized another New Chauncey Neighborhood Association (NCNA) Meeting. All are welcome.
Sunday, July 31st, 2022
705 North Chauncey Avenue (Home of Catherine Grossman)
[at present, there isn’t a remote option]
Can’t make the meeting? Send us your ideas, questions, or comments via our contact form.
Agenda of Topics
Below are the currently slated items. Please bring your ideas, along with other topics for discussion and action. References are below.
- What support does the NCNA need from the City?
- What is the current status of the New Chauncey Housing, Inc organization? How can NCNA and NCHI work together?
- How can we ensure that the upcoming redistricting efforts by the City ensure New Chauncey remains a community of interest? [See below for more details. This may be solved already.]
- How can the NCNA work with the Joint Board to collaborate on neighborhood and City projects?
New Chauncey Housing, Inc
Mission: Low income housing and neighborhood stabilization in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Current redistricting proposals for August 1st City Council Meeting. Both possibilities show a District 2 that covers New Chauncey.
- District Option Closest to Current (12.5% Deviation)
- District Possibility #1 (1.6% Deviation)
- District Possibility #2 (1.6% Deviation)
- Voting Precinct Boundaries
- City Precincts and WLSC Boundary
- Precincts Split by WLSC/TSC
- Current Council Boundaries and 2020 Population
From the City’s Website: The City of West Lafayette and Purdue created the Joint Board in order to provide a consistent and equitable mechanism to address issues that arise in the future regarding this Interlocal Cooperation Agreement and its interpretation and implementation, as well as the implementation of the Annexation. The Joint Board is composed of three members from each of the parties appointed by the responsible executive of each party.